The requirements for being accredited as a NetworkZ instructor are:
1. Participate in the two-day face-to-face NetworkZ Instructor Training workshop
Day one is a NetworkZ course, involving participation in immersive scenarios, debriefs and interactive discussions. Day two is about instructing on a NetworkZ course, with a focus on debriefing and exploring how to run NetworkZ in your own DHB.
2. Complete the online programme within 6 – 12 months of the training
The online training programme provides a competency-based framework for learning how to be a simulation-based instructor and / or technician. The course is divided into ten different areas of practice, or Entrustable Professional Activities (EPAs). Each EPA contains a set of competencies needed to manage that particular activity e.g. "Conducting a Simulation", "Debriefing" etc. For those wishing to take it further, Advanced Instructor Training is available after satisfactory completion of the above.
Resources to assist instructors are provided via the dedicated DHB Training Website.
Once you have enrolled in the course, the login and password will be emailed to you.
Registration for Instructor Training Course
Selection for the Instructor Training or Simulation Technician training is through the NetworkZ project team in your own DHB. Each DHB is asked to select 10 -12 staff from the different disciplines working in the operating room (surgeons, anaesthetists, nurses, techs). This will create a core group to implement the NetworkZ programme locally. Additional instructors may be trained at a later date.
After your place has been confirmed locally as an instructor or technician please contact our Course Administrator, firstname.lastname@example.org to find out the availability of places for 2019.
Instructors Training Courses
Instructors Training 2021 Dates :
- Sunday - Tuesday, 28th to 30th March - Sunday will be a full simulation day for participants who have not particpated in a NetworkZ simulation course. If you have already participated you can choose to also do the Sunday session or attend Monday and Tuesday only. Please indicate when booking for the course.
- Monday - Tuesday, 14th & 15th June 2021 at University of Auckland, Grafton Campus
- Monday - Tuesday, 02nd & 03rd August 2021 at University of Auckland, Grafton Campus
- Thursday - Friday, 25th & 26th November 2021 at University of Auckland, Grafton Campus
Advanced Instructors Courses
One day immersive workshop for both instructors and simulation technicians who have completed the two-day NetworkZ Instructors Training Course and have been completing their EPAs.
Dates for 2021: